What's new
Runion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart contract signature spoofing

omerta

Midle Weight
Депозит
$0
Пожалуйста, обратите внимание, что пользователь заблокирован
Бизнесмену сошло с рук 320м с помощью спуфа, интересно как это работает

A businessman got away with 320m using sig spoof, I wonder how it works
Последнее редактирование: 27.05.2023

101001100101 сказал(а):
под кнопкой mint ссылка на функцию saveApproveForAll и transferFrom, отсюда всё утекает на чужой баланс, легко палится в метамаске. если читаете какую транзакцию одобряете, но далеко не все такие внимательные

Да, именно так работает слив, но парень, о котором я говорю, использовал технологию, чтобы подделать подпись владельца смарт-контракта, чтобы авторизовать чеканку и передачу. Я думаю, что жертвой был протокол Wormhole.

Yeah that’s how a drainer works, but the guy I’m talking about used a technology to spoof the smart contract owner signature to authorize mint and Transfer. The victim was Wormhole protocol I think

omerta сказал(а):
A businessman got away with 320m using sig spoof, I wonder how it works
omerta сказал(а):
что жертвой был протокол Wormhole.

Yeah that’s how a drainer works, but the guy I’m talking about used a technology to spoof the smart contract owner signature to authorize mint and Transfer. The victim was Wormhole protocol I think

It work like drainer

I'm trying to understand how it happened, the victim is connected to a fraudulent site? if not what method did they use

learner сказал(а):
I'm trying to understand how it happened, the victim is connected to a fraudulent site? if not what method did they use

Вот что случилось, это было летом прошлого года, но некоторые смарт-контракты все еще могут быть уязвимы:
Wormhole предоставляет услугу, известную как «мост» между блокчейнами, по сути, систему условного депонирования, которая позволяет депонировать один тип криптовалюты для создания активов в другой криптовалюте. Это позволяет физическому или юридическому лицу, владеющему одной криптовалютой, совершать сделки и покупать, используя другую, что-то вроде возможности пополнить банковский счет в долларах, а затем использовать банковскую карту для покупки чего-либо по цене в евро.
Чтобы провести атаку, злоумышленнику удалось подделать действительную подпись для транзакции, которая позволила им свободно чеканить 120 000 wETH — «обернутый» эквивалент Ethereum в блокчейне Solana со стоимостью, эквивалентной 325 миллионам долларов на момент кражи. без предварительного ввода эквивалентной суммы. Затем он был обменян примерно на 250 миллионов долларов в Ethereum, которые были отправлены из Wormhole на счет хакеров, что фактически ликвидировало большую часть средств Ethereum платформы, которые удерживались в качестве залога для транзакций в блокчейне Solana.
Коммиты с открытым исходным кодом показывают, что код, который устранил бы эту уязвимость, был написан еще 13 января и загружен в репозиторий Wormhole GitHub в день атаки. Всего через несколько часов хакер воспользовался уязвимостью, предполагая, что обновления еще не были применены к рабочему приложению.
Как заметил в Твиттере разработчик программного обеспечения Мэтью Гарретт, загрузка кода была описана так, как если бы это было обновление заурядной версии, но на самом деле оно содержало обширные изменения — факт, который мог натолкнуть злоумышленника на тот факт, что это была замаскированное исправление безопасности.
Источник: https://www.theverge.com/2022/2/3/2...ithub-error-325-million-theft-ethereum-solana.

This Is what Happened, it was last year in the summer but some smart contracts might still be vulnerable:
Wormhole provides a service known as a “bridge” between blockchains, essentially an escrow system that allows one type of cryptocurrency to be deposited in order to create assets in another cryptocurrency. This allows a person or entity with holdings in one cryptocurrency to make trades and purchases using another, somewhat like being able to fund a bank account in dollars and then use a bank card to buy something priced in euros.
To carry out the attack, the attacker managed to forge a valid signature for a transaction that allowed them to freely mint 120,000 wETH — a “wrapped” Ethereum equivalent on the Solana blockchain, with value equivalent to $325 million at the time of the theft — without first inputting an equivalent amount. This was then exchanged for around $250 million in Ethereum that was sent from Wormhole to the hackers’ account, effectively liquidating a large amount of the platform’s Ethereum funds that were being held as collateral for transactions on the Solana blockchain.
Open-source code commits show that code that would have fixed this vulnerability was written as early as January 13th and uploaded to the Wormhole GitHub repository on the day of the attack. Just hours later, the vulnerability was exploited by the hacker, suggesting that the updates had not yet been applied to the production application.
As software developer Matthew Garrett observed on Twitter, the code upload was described as if it were a run-of-the-mill version update but actually contained extensive changes — a fact that could have tipped off the attacker to the fact that it was a disguised security fix.
Source: https://www.theverge.com/2022/2/3/2...ithub-error-325-million-theft-ethereum-solana

Хорошо, если я понял,
Внутренняя ЛОГИКА платформы: Weth = ETH
И Weth можно отчеканить (думаю, для баланса пользователей), чтобы обменять на реальные ETH вкладчиков. Таким образом, rescator подделал подпись (используя какие параметры?) для внутренней чеканки вымышленного Weth и обмена ETH с реальными вкладчиками.
Я предполагаю, что он подделал высокопоставленную подпись кошелька, например бумажник монетного двора. Что вы думаете?

Возможно: Бизнесмен притворяется кошельком владельца контракта на токен (используя загадочную технологию) или кошельком, который уполномочен чеканить свой внутренний Weth и чеканит тот Weth, который только их мост может обменять на реальный eth, а агрессор снова меняет на настоящий eth.

Ok if I understood,
Platform’s internal LOGIC: Weth = ETH
And Weth can be minted(for users balances I guess) to swap for depositors real ETH. So rescator forged a signature (Using what parameters?) to Mint fictional Weth internally and swap with real depositors ETH.
I suppose he forged a high authority wallet signature like mint wallet. What do you think?

Maybe: Businessman pretends to be token contract owner wallet(using the mysterious technology) or a wallet that is authorized to mint their internal Weth and mints that Weth that only their bridge can swap for real eth and aggressor swaps again for real Eth.
Последнее редактирование: 27.05.2023

omerta сказал(а):
Коммиты с открытым исходным кодом показывают, что код, который устранил бы эту уязвимость, был написан еще 13 января и загружен в репозиторий Wormhole GitHub в день атаки. Всего через несколько часов хакер воспользовался уязвимостью, предполагая, что обновления еще не были применены к рабочему приложению.

Пробовал посмотреть что исправляют коммиты? если они остались конечно, оттуда можно подумать над тем что именно эксплуатировал хакер

omerta сказал(а):
Хорошо, если я понял,
Внутренняя ЛОГИКА платформы: Weth = ETH
И Weth можно отчеканить (думаю, для баланса пользователей), чтобы обменять на реальные ETH вкладчиков. Таким образом, rescator подделал подпись (используя какие параметры?) для внутренней чеканки вымышленного Weth и обмена ETH с реальными вкладчиками.
Я предполагаю, что он подделал высокопоставленную подпись кошелька, например бумажник монетного двора. Что вы думаете?

Возможно: Бизнесмен притворяется кошельком владельца контракта на токен (используя загадочную технологию) или кошельком, который уполномочен чеканить свой внутренний Weth и чеканит тот Weth, который только их мост может обменять на реальный eth, а агрессор снова меняет на настоящий eth.

Ok if I understood,
Platform’s internal LOGIC: Weth = ETH
And can be minted(for users balances I guess) to swap for depositors . So rescator forged a (Using what parameters?) to Mint and swap with real depositors .
I suppose he forged a high authority wallet signature like mint wallet. What do you think?

Businessman pretends to be token contract owner wallet() or a wallet that is authorized to mint their and mints that Weth that only their bridge can swap for real eth and aggressor swaps again for real Eth.
Нажмите, чтобы раскрыть...

very interesting, I'll look into that a bit more. It reminds me of guys who stole $4 million just by filming their victim's trust wallet. All these phenomena on the blockchain really interest me, not to mention the poisoning of addresses with vanity addresses, it's the real Eldorado

learner сказал(а):
very interesting, I'll look into that a bit more. It reminds me of guys who stole $4 million just by filming their victim's trust wallet. All these phenomena on the blockchain really interest me, not to mention the poisoning of addresses with vanity addresses, it's the real Eldorado

What is poisoning address with vanity addresses?

omerta сказал(а):
What is poisoning address with vanity addresses?

a vanity address is an address that can have the same prefix or suffix as another address, for example 0xf5FF42762EB525F633C56a609917f758A9Fc45BF
0xf5FFd92c328b1a0ee6be4f3f971c5ea05860c143
it can be the same for the last characters or even both.
Adress poisonning is when someone send a transaction from any address with 0 amount without the private keys. Attackers will send the 0 amount to the address, which is almost the same as the address of e.g. Binance. The user won't realize it as the beginning and the end of these addresses look the same. User will then just copy the address from TX history and send funds to that (wrong) address. the attackers monitor the addresses that make the biggest transactions, and poison the history of a large number of victims with fake addresses that look like the addresses on which they used to make transactions

learner сказал(а):
a vanity address is an address that can have the same prefix or suffix as another address, for example 0xf5FF42762EB525F633C56a609917f758A9Fc45BF
0xf5FFd92c328b1a0ee6be4f3f971c5ea05860c143
it can be the same for the last characters or even both.
Adress poisonning is when someone send a transaction from any address with 0 amount without the private keys. Attackers will send the 0 amount to the address, which is almost the same as the address of e.g. Binance. The user won't realize it as the beginning and the end of these addresses look the same. User will then just copy the address from TX history and send funds to that (wrong) address. the attackers monitor the addresses that make the biggest transactions, and poison the history of a large number of victims with fake addresses that look like the addresses on which they used to make transactions

Very Ingenious !