What's new
Runion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Анонимность, безопасность Bitcoin (is it traceable)

BADREDDINE

Light Weight
Депозит
$0
Hackers and criminals, who often operate in hidden areas of the World Wide Web, resort to the encrypted digital currency "Bitcoin" to carry out illegal actions, without revealing their names or addresses.

Welcome back.

For Anyone Bitcoin In this tutorial, I'm going to show you some basic tools for tracking Bitcoin transactions
Blockchain.com
Blockchain.com is a website that tracks transactions on the blockchain for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Bitcoin Cash. For example, here we entered the wallet address involved in a recent scam we investigated and we can see that this address was involved in 241 transactions totaling nearly $500,000.

We can scroll down the screen and see every transaction that includes this address.

Bitref.com website

Bitref.com allows us to check the balance in any Bitcoin wallet. By entering the same address above, we can see that the wallet has only 0,00000546 bitcoins. Bitref also lists the last 100 transactions in that wallet.

Who is he

Bitcoinwhoswho.com is particularly valuable for fraud investigations. This site provides not only the current balance and the number of transactions, but also whether the address appeared on any websites and the IP address of the last transaction.

Note here that our wallet address does not appear on any websites, but the last IP address does. We can then take that IP address and put it into one of the many IP address lookup engines like IPaddresslookup.com and it will tell us the location and ISP of the IP address.

Here we can see that the last transaction from this wallet came from Norfolk, VA in the US which was using Verizon as its ISP.

Wallet Explorer

Wallet Explorer is another useful website for tracking bitcoin and other cryptocurrency transactions. What makes Wallet Explorer particularly useful is the algorithm for identifying wallet addresses and names. Note that our wallet address here has had at least one transaction with Binance.com.

oxt.me

oxt.me is another website for tracking bitcoin transactions on the blockchain. When we enter our wallet address in oxt.me, it shows basic information about its use.

When we click on the Activity tab, we can see all transactions over time. Note here that the incoming and outgoing transactions are almost identical in time and amount. This is a key signature of a wallet that is being used for illegal purposes. The perpetrators immediately send the bitcoin to another wallet upon receiving it making it difficult to trace and recover it.

Bitcoinabuse.com

Bitcoinabuse.com specializes in tracking abusive behavior using bitcoin. This includes investing and exchanges in fake cryptocurrency, theft, ransomware, and more. When we entered our wallet address, you can see that it has been cited for investment scams.

summary

These OSINT tools can help you track activity and lead you to the identity of the scammers/thieves. You will likely need additional tools described on the OSINT page to locate scammers/thieves. Once the culprits are identified, the next step is recovery.

..if this infromation it's useful to you, then you have much to learn. Of course bitok is traced, its distributed legder. feds and facey will track all. i suppose is interesting to see osint with ip address though

BADREDDINE сказал(а):
Bitcoinwhoswho.com is particularly valuable for fraud investigations. This site provides not only the current balance and the number of transactions, but also whether the address appeared on any websites and the IP address of the last transaction.

this is useless crap - that IP is an address of a relaying Bitcoin node, not of an owner of the particular Bitcoin address.

however there is one important thing blockchain explorers do not tell you - that they record all visitors' data (IP, useragent, OS language, timezone, and whichever else fingerprints possible) who requested some particular transaction or address, and share this information with the intelligence agencies.
the idea is dead simple (although nobody seem to realize it lol) - a random person would not ask the blockchain explorer about a completely random transaction or address. if someone is looking for some address or transaction - it means that they are somehow connected to this address: either they are the owner of that address, or they are customers of the owner of that address.

Dread Pirate Roberts сказал(а):
this is useless crap - that IP is an address of a relaying Bitcoin node, not of an owner of the particular Bitcoin address.

however there is one important thing blockchain explorers do not tell you - that they record all visitors' data (IP, useragent, OS language, timezone, and whichever else fingerprints possible) who requested some particular transaction or address, and share this information with the intelligence agencies.
the idea is dead simple (although nobody seem to realize it lol) - a random person would not ask the blockchain explorer about a completely random transaction or address. if someone is looking for some address or transaction - it means that they are somehow connected to this address: either they are the owner of that address, or they are customers of the owner of that address.

I came to this thread expecting crap. Dread Pirate Roberts, you proved my assumption wrong.

I will also add - by design Bitcoin is traceable. There are a finite number of coins.

the amount of people that beliefs that because your crypto account does not have your name of it = anon , is still very high. i even know people who still buy drugs using normal coinbase account because they think crypto is anon. stupid. I just smile and laugh

Bitcoin was never meant to be hidden. There are other coins for this purpose although we would have to see if they really accomplish what they claim

Dread Pirate Roberts сказал(а):

the idea is dead simple (although nobody seems to realize it lol) - a random person would not ask the blockchain explorer about a completely random transaction or address. if someone is looking for some address or transaction - it means that they are somehow connected to this address: either they are the owner of that address, or they are customers of the owner of that address.

Exactly, I have read that WalletExplorer is also a HoneyPot runned by ChainAnalysis. Stick to privacy coins.

each cryptocurrency node, not only Monero, sees IP of every client who connects to that node, that's why it is important to host your own blockchain node and setup your wallet to use that node instead of public nodes which may be run by agencies. this way your node will act as a "proxy" so other nodes will see its IP address instead of your computer's IP address.
or use Tor, but I personally do not trust it either.

Пожалуйста, обратите внимание, что пользователь заблокирован
bitcoin is pseudonymous and not anonymous, it is even its fundamental principle. Anyone can access the ledger and anyone can see anyone's transactions and balance. I think that mixers and wallets like SAMURAÏ which allow bitcoins to be sent through the TOR network reduce the traceability of the coins

rwxrwx сказал(а):
Correct me if I am wrong; doesn't nodes leaves their IP on the blockchain?

Not directly on blockchain but ip traffic is traceable when you are doing transactions using core wallet or similar. If you using any fake website-based wallet it is even worse you basically calling nsa first to let them know.

alex778 сказал(а):
Not directly on blockchain but ip traffic is traceable when you are doing transactions using core wallet or similar. If you using any fake website-based wallet it is even worse you basically calling nsa first to let them know.

+
I believe cloud wallets are the worst. Best solution would be cold storage wallet or thin client like Samourai?