What's new
Runion

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rental scam guide needed

pierre777reborn

Midle Weight
Депозит
$0
I'd need help on how to conduct rental scam (as a fake landlord)

From my understanding there are 3 main steps:

1/Listing
2/Lockbox (Optional)
3/Social Engineering to receive funds

1/ Listing

I guess scammers steal pictures and info from official renting websites like Zillow and then publish them for a discount on Facebook Marketplace for instance.

I'd need a full tutorial and how to properly list the rental.

2/Lockbox (Optional)

A rental scam lockbox refers to a deceptive practice where scammers use lockboxes to facilitate fraudulent rental schemes. They may obtain unauthorized access to lockbox codes or manipulate the system to gain entry to properties. Scammers can impersonate legitimate landlords, misleading victims into believing they have the rightful access to a property. So the victim visits the house without having suspicion. This enables scammers to deceive individuals, collect rental deposits or payments, and disappear without delivering the promised rental property.

I was wondering if someone had a full tutorial/blueprint on how to do that. Back in the days apparently scammers could buy a 99cents lockbox code from Rently or americanHomes4Rent and give them to the victim. But now, those sites require ID selfie verification

I'd really need a full tutorial on how to conduct this scam, thanks

3/ Social Engineering to receive funds

For this part I don't need a guide